Life at McNamara House is comfortable, convenient – and as active as you would like it to be.
It begins in your home – one of 80 modern, spacious studio, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom apartments. Some are located within the converted St. Anthony’s parish convent, which also includes a fully stocked library and a large community room. The building’s original architectural details, especially the beautiful stained-glass windows, have been preserved and continue to be admired by our residents.
Other apartments, many with patios and balconies, are in a connected building. The property also includes space for resident gardens surrounded by mature trees, ample green space, and lush, well-tended flower beds.
“I never expected to have this quality of life as I grew older.”– McNamara House Resident
All the amenities and conveniences are here: onsite laundry, off-street resident parking, extra storage, and 24-hour on-call emergency maintenance.
In this relaxing environment, McNamara House residents can enjoy the many pleasures of community living, including group activities, cultural celebrations, and more. The community ventures beyond the property, as well – with transportation provided to events, plays, cruises, and other recreational activities.
While McNamara House is independent living, you are never on your own. Our onsite staff is here to help make your life enjoyable, fulfilling, and worry-free.
Seeking your best life? You can find it here.
Community Amenities Include:
- Regularly scheduled resident gatherings and events
- Community resident field trips to Boston area attractions
- On-site office staff available for resident requests and family inquiries
- Beautifully kept landscaping
- Resident reading room
- Fitness room with exercise bikes and treadmills
- Large community room with television and adjacent communal kitchen
- On-site laundry facility
- 24-hour on-call emergency maintenance
- Extra storage
- On-site parking available
- Less than 1/4 mile away from the Boston Landing MBTA Commuter Rail Station
- Nearby access to Soldiers Field Road, Mass Turnpike and Charles River
Apartment Features Include:
- Spacious apartment homes
- Efficient kitchens
- Carpeting throughout
- Roomy closet space
- Bright windows
“I have an individual relationship with just about everybody who lives here, so everyone feels free to come to me if they need help.”– McNamara House Staff Member